Submission GuidelinesEpisteme will consider papers written by undergraduate students in any area of philosophy.
Papers are evaluated according to the following criteria: quality of research, depth of philosophic inquiry, creativity, original insight and clarity. Submissions to be considered for the thirty fourth volume (September 2024) should adhere to the following stipulations:
1. Be a maximum of 5,000 words, a minimum of 2,000 words.
2. Combine research and original insight.
3. Include a cover sheet that provides the following information: author’s name, mailing address (current and permanent), email address, telephone number, college or university name, title of submission and word count.
4. Include a works cited page in the Chicago Manual of Style format. Please use endnotes rather than footnotes.
5. To allow for a blind review process, the author’s name should not appear on the submission itself.
6. Submissions should be sent electronically, formatted for Microsoft Word.
7. More than one article per author will not be accepted for review.
8. Please be courteous; submit each paper to only one journal. Rolling submissions accepted. Submissions to be considered for September 2024 publication must be received by midnight, Wednesday, December 20, 2023.
Please send papers and cover sheets to firstname.lastname@example.org. Questions should be submitted to the Editors (email@example.com